vendredi 8 mai 2015

browser shows only part of result list (php, mysql) [on hold]

I got a weired one today, not really a programming issue though.

I created this tool for company internal use and it's still growing. One part of it is a list of items who's stock is below some threshold. This list is also capable of showing all items without regard of the threshold, so can have say up to 2000 or so entries. All of those come out of a mysql DB and I'm handling things in php. The mentioned 2000 entries get formatted somewhat by Javascript (showing / hiding stuff etc.) in the browser - nothing really fancy.

It does work nicely... However, I just came across one computer that shows just under 10% of the requested list. I tried on three other computers in the office and all is good there. Just the one machine doesn't show it all. On one occasion I saw that it stopped displaying in the middle of an object, so just half of it was there. I cleaned everything like cookies and cache and everything the browser might save - no success. We're talking about one of those hybrid laptops with detachable screen / touchscreen.. It's a nicely quick and powerful machine, running photoshop and equally demanding apps...

Has anyone any idea???

UPDATE: since it seems my question is "unclear what you're asking", I will try to provide more technical data:

The page as described works fine on all in all 7 different machines running WIN7 and WIN8.1 in Chrome and Firefox (all up to date). Even IE11 has no problems :P

Javascript console throws no errors, php error log is clean

All cookies and cache have been emptied

As far as I can see the only difference is the hardware itself, though we're probably talking about the machine best equipped in our office.

I really don't know what else to specify.. I'd be glad to answer any questions that I couldn't think of so far..

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire